What is the difference between empty hard gelatin capsules and vacant hypromellose capsules?
1) Using different raw materials The main component of empty hard gelatin capsules is medicinal gelatin, which is derived from collagen in animal skin, tendons, and bones. The main component of HPMC capsules is 2-hypromellose, usually cellulose obtained by hydrolysis of plants, which is etherified.
2) The chemical structure and stability of the shell are different. Residual lysine in gelatin may undergo cross-linking reaction, while HPMC is chemically stable and will not undergo cross-linking reaction.
3) With different water content, the water content of empty hard gelatin capsules is about 12.5-17.5%, the water content of hypromellose hollow capsules is about 4%-6%, and the water content of empty hard gelatin capsules is less than 10%. Brittle, and HPMC capsules will not become brittle even if the water content reaches 1%, which is more suitable for filling water-sensitive contents.
4) Different coating properties The surface of HPMC capsules is rougher than that of hollow capsules, and the affinity with most enteric coating materials is significantly higher than that of gelatin. The good coating properties of HPMC make it have obvious advantages in the preparation of sustained-release coated capsules and targeted formulations.
5) Different additives The main component of empty hard gelatin capsules is protein, which is easy to breed bacteria and microorganisms. Preservatives and bacteriostatic agents need to be added during the production process, so there may be residues on the capsules, and the finished product needs to be packed before packaging. Use ethylene oxide to sterilize the bacteria to ensure the microbial control index of the capsule. And HPMC capsules do not need to add any preservatives in the production process and do not need ethylene oxide sterilization.
6) Different storage conditions It has been proved by experiments that vacant hypromellose capsules are almost not brittle under low humidity conditions, and are still stable under high humidity conditions, and there is no problem in storage in all climatic zones.
Vegetable capsules are hollow gums made from plant cellulose raw materials. Plant capsules retain the advantages of traditional empty hard gelatin capsules: easy to take, effective masking of taste and odor, transparent and visible contents, etc. Moreover, compared with empty hard gelatin capsules, the plant capsule has a tight molecular structure, strong sealing, and is not easy to breathe, which effectively avoids the oxidation reaction between the medicine and the air; it is not easy to breed bacteria, and there is no need to add carcinogens such as ethylene oxide, Nor does it have to be sterilized by irradiation. Plant capsules are all made of plant ingredients, which are harmless to the body, and also contain nutrients, which are also effective for diabetes and high blood pressure. It is harmless to the body, and also has nutrients, and is also effective for diabetes and high blood pressure.